One of the main reasons for the popularity of metal carports is their strong steel roofing. Metal roofed carports also have a neat, modern look. Some important points to note about metal carport roofs:
- Metal carport roofs come in various designs: rounded corner with horizontal roof panels, A-frame with boxed eaves and horizontal panels, and A-frame with boxed eaves and vertical panels.
- Gable roofs are attractive and available on single, double and triple carports.
- Build up of snow and debris is less likely on strong vertical roofs.
- Metal roofs are highly durable and resistant to fire, rot, mold and insects. They can also endure harsh weather conditions. Maximum durability can be ensured by installing them according to industry standards. Insulated roofs disperse condensation and can withstand changes in temperature.
- Metal carport roofs can be upgraded for heavier roof weight loads of snow and water fall.
- If your carport is a lean-to, install metal flashing for leak-proof joints between house wall and carport roof.
- Metal carports come in various colors for roof and trim.
Installing the roof on a metal carport requires careful planning and the right tools. It is best to rely on professional help.