Carports are available in various types of material including steel, aluminum, polyethylene and timber. When it comes to choice of material, be practical and go for something that will last and withstand the vagaries of nature. Obviously, metal carports have an edge over wooden or polyethylene ones for many reasons:
- An aluminum or steel carport is durable. If your carport is intended for long-term use, purchase a metal one
- Metal carports can withstand harsh weather conditions like heavy wind, rain and snowfall. Wood can rot and give way in bad weather. Make sure that the roof of your metal carport is strong enough to hold a heavy load if you live in an area with high snowfall
- Steel and aluminum carports are corrosion-resistant and will not rust
- Termites and other pests can do a lot of harm if your carport is a wooden structure. Though more expensive, metal carports ensure protection from such pests. Your car cover will last for a long time
- A metal carport is easy to assemble. Aluminum is much lighter than steel, easier to handle, and ideal if you are looking to set up the carport by yourself. It is also easy to disassemble and therefore ideal if you want to transport it to another location
- Metal structures, unlike wooden ones, do not warp or lose shape due to stress or due to changes in the weather. This makes them a much safer investment
For all these reasons, a steel or aluminum carport is also a great money saver. Metal carports come in a wide range of designs, roof styles and color options and you can customize your metal carport to blend beautifully with your home. Carport Empire can help you choose and install an affordable metal car cover with the least hassle.